Saturday, June 25, 2011

Blog post 8



This is How We Dream

In This is How We Dream Part 1 and 2 Rick Miller makes fascinating points. He states that education is moving forward. We have so many resources at the disposal of our finger tips. Resources such as search engines, wikipedia, and newspapers on the web. He goes on to mention that it is just as important for people to produce multimedia as it is to use it. His main goal throughout this video was to help people better understand the incremental change in education compared to the original source of education.


One of the best comments I think Miller said in this video was that he did a whole research without stepping foot in a library.We can access books, newspapers, and more through the internet. I also believe that composing and  producing material for the internet is just as important as using what is already there. Without composers we would have nothing to use.


I believe technology is advancing in ways unthought of five years ago. I believe that eventually teachers will only be present to guide and encourage students as they explore the world of technology. I also think that schools budgets should focus on technology in the classroom. This is going to be a big part of our future and a great way to prepare for the future is to let our future (the children) have access to it.

Carly Pugh's blog

In Carly's blog I came across many things to ponder. I really loved the playlist idea. Inspiration is the reason that everyone goes through with their dreams. This is a good way to actually sit back and think what kind of teacher will I be. I think Carly displayed a very good example of including mixed media into her post. At first it seemed to be a little much but, as I continued to read I became very interested in the videos posted. I began to think that maybe I should start exploring YouTube a little more to gain knowledge and explore the references available to me.

Chipper Series  

The Chipper Series was about procrastination and the ways it will effect you in EDM310 and in your own life. It goes to show through procrastination you will achieve nothing. In the series Chipper has some ups and downs. She ends up dropping out and going from one dead end job to the other. In the end Chipper finally goes back to school to better herself. As, a future educator procrastination could be your arch-nemesis.


The moral to this video was very clear. Procrastination, especially in EDM310 and our future educator careers is totally unacceptable.  I really enjoyed the pilot comment. I mean who would want to fly in a plane with someone who has never flown before. I really enjoyed this video, it made me giggle.
google image

EDM310 for Dummies                                                    


I think that EDM310 for Dummies would be a best- seller! After the first day of EDM310 I definitely would have bought the hard copy for the house, the paper copy for the car, and downloaded it to my Iphone for on the go emergencies! I think they did a wonderful job putting this video together. Now looking back on how terrified I was entering this class I have to giggle! I enjoy now knowing what blogging is and how to use tools for personal and educational use. Two things that have really stuck with me that I will take with me into my career would be: 1) The illustrious " I don't know, Let's find out!"  and 2) Google Docs.


Learn to Change, Change to Learn


In Learn to Change, Change to Learn I found it very interesting education was ranked last. I also am glad to see that people are beginning to realize education is soon going to be through technology. Internet was a big step for businesses, then consumers, now education. Let's embark on a journey that will leave a paperless trail. Let's begin tomorrows class with a lesson taught from across the world. Let us begin to understand different cultures, not through reading, but interacting with others. Let's better understand things halfway across the world by simply asking a native, face to face via Skype. Let's ask questions, let's venture, and let's begin a journey with a giant step that is weightless. I really enjoyed this video!It gave me new perspectives and appreciation for technology and education.

2 comments:

  1. "His main goal throughout this video was to help people better understand the incremental change in education compared to the original source of education." What? First, I am not sure what you mean by this. Second, I can't figure out any way in which it accurately describes what Dr. Miller was saying in his video.

    Your writing needs a lot of work. For example:"One of the best comments I think Miller said in this video was that he did a whole research without stepping foot in a library." Did a whole research? Really!

    "I began to think that maybe I should start exploring YouTube a little more to gain knowledge and explore the references available to me." Not a bad idea at all!

    "...it will effect you..." Should be affect not effect. This is a common mistake. I think I suggested that you get a copy of The Elements of Style by Strunk and White to help with your writing. They go into detail (on p. 37 in the edition I have) about the differences between affect and effect. Look it up. Put it to use. If you have not gotten the book and read it, do so!

    "...arch-nemesis. ..." Not the appropriate word in this context.

    Remember, the Writing Lab is available to assist you with your writing. In is in Alpha East. I suggest you visit them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also think that one day teachers will become more of a guide to help students understand and decipher the information they have found. I agree that procrastination can be detrimental as a future educator but also it can be detrimental in any aspect of your life. Google docs is definitely one thing that I find very useful. I don't just use it for EDM but I also use it for other classes as well.
    Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete